The Community Centres Investment Fund – New Builds Measure will invest circa €20 million in new build multi-functional community centres with a minimum grant of €1,000,000 up to a maximum of €6,000,000.
The projects must be ‘shovel-ready’ with all the necessary permissions and consents in place (e.g. planning consent) and be located on a green/brown field site.
The lead party to an application must be a State-funded body. Lead parties can request an application form from email@example.com .
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 12 noon on 3rd July 2023.
Full details are available in the Application Guidelines here:
Application Guidelines: Community Centres Investment Fund – New Builds Measure
Application Guidelines for the New Builds Measure of the 2023 Community Centres Investment Fund.
A financial analysis template for the 2023 fund is available here:
Community Centres Investment Fund – Financial analysis template
2022 Community Centres Investment Fund – Improvement and Refurbishment of Existing Community Centres
In 2022 capital funding of over €45 million was provided for the improvement and refurbishment of existing community centres in both urban and rural areas.
Funding was available under 3 Categories, with grants of up to €300,000 available:
- Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities – up to €25,000
- Category 2: Larger scale projects – €25,001 to €100,000
- Category 3: Major projects – €100,001 to €300,000
Funding was available for capital works such as:
- works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- works to improve disability access
- improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as meals for the elderly and youth facilities
- works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- essential maintenance works (e.g. roof repairs)
Successful projects under Categories 1, 2 and 3 of the Community Centres Investment Fund can be viewed here .
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
View this article from Department of Rural and Community Development on Government website https://www.gov.ie/en/service/fec91-community-centres-investment-fund/#